1.03.2009

The Christmas Card That Wasn't

We're back from our New Year's sojourn to New Jersey where we had a lovely time hanging out and catching up with great friends, laughing, relaxing and eating. Auden had a BLAST playing with the younger set--highlights included improvised mini golf in the hallway, discovering the power of the XBox, ice cream sundaes on New Year's Eve, the wind mills in Atlantic City, and sleeping on an inflatable mattress.

We got back to NYC this evening and while Leighton wrestled our huge Christmas tree out of our tiny doorway (and then cleaned up 75% of the tree's needles, which it shed while being pulled through the aforementioned doorway), I finished putting together our holiday cards--you know me, always right on top of these things! ANYWAY, I had many weeks ago decided they would have to be New Year's cards as I had tried and tried without success to get the ideal Christmas photo. Jes tried, I tried, Leighton humored us....we just never got that magical yuletide moment. So, while the photo included in our holiday cards IS of a magical moment--it just happened to take place in June.

But, it seems a shame to let our valiant efforts go to waste so, here, I present you the best of the 2008 holiday pictures that never had a chance to make it anywhere but the cutting room floor.

Hope your New Year's celebration was grand and that 2009 is off to a great start!








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the blog, Bev! How do you find the time? The "reject" holiday card photos made me laugh out loug. Oh, the pressures of parenthood!

Erin