6.16.2009

One Year Later: Still Cancer Free. Let's Drink!

So, in the spirit of a bit of blog catch-up, I wanted to share these photos from a little soiree I hosted for myself at the end of May. The occasion was the one-year anniversary of my hysterectomy and, as a result, the end of my stint with cervical cancer. The year that has followed these events has certainly been a full and eventful one, but I felt like it was important to take a moment to honor those weeks of craziness last spring and my survivor status.

We gathered with friends at Swift in Noho for a couple rounds of Friday evening drinks and were, once again, reminded what an amazing tribe of friends we have. It's so striking that no matter how crazy everybody's lives are, folks always manages to show up for a cocktail!








I was also completely blown away to be honored in a Relay for Life walk my Aunt Bonnie participated in as part of her school's team in NC. Below are picks of the team and the luminaries marked for my grandmother (a 35+ year breast cancer survivor) and myself.


No comments: