
Oh, the Thursday trips to the Lower East Side make me SO happy! This week's stars: romaine, red chard, dandelion greens, scallions, more scapes and strawberries, broccoli, cukes, Japanese white turnips, and english breakfast radishes (which are truly one of my favorite things--look at them, they're simply adorable. They beg to be painted, not eaten! But they are so tasty.)
We're 2 days from pick-up number 3 and we've not gotten through all of this yet--another hectic week. But I did macerate the strawberries with some really good blueberries and ate them with homemade whipped cream and roasted pistachios! Windows open, summer humidity seeping in, berries and the Yankees beating the Mets--perfect recipe.
2 comments:
Gosh, did this ever make us hungry seeing all the fresh vegetables. Made me want to cook all afternoon. But of course, that didn't happen.
Wow! I've been thinking of getting a CSA membership if I end up in the city another summer (the hiking bug might stick), this is just inspiring me all the more.
I know it would be too much for me alone, but I have neighbours and I also have a canning kettle and jars.
Great pictures Bev!
-Tresler
Post a Comment