
Change of season is a concept that is largely lost on kids from Central Florida. The only season change that interested us was the end of tourist season in September, as it meant we could return to Disney without fear of having to stand in line behind thousands of families from Des Moines. I vaguely remember loving the days in November...both of them...when you could break out a sweatshirt to wait for the school bus in the morning.
I now mark time by the change of seasons and, with the exception of coldest winter, I'm a fan of all the various weather options we have here in Big Apple. As a season I am most fond of fall but, as the transitions go, winter to spring is far and away my favorite. I often find that it's in the fourth week of February that you begin to believe spring may actually never come. I'm completely sick of my coat and of grey snow and of having a tension headache at the end of the day from bracing my neck and shoulders against the cold every time I step outside. My pockets are endlessly stuffed with dirty Kleenex, my knuckles are chapped and I drink more tea in a day than the Queen. Daffodils and Easter eggs are still several weeks out and sandals easily could be a couple of months.
Today, however, we got a sneak preview of the weather to come and a reminder that all crappy winters do come to an end. I think the high was 45 degrees, so it was hardly balmy. All but the most delusional were still wearing coats, though in the sun you might be able to unzip if you were wearing a scarf. But the air didn't hurt. The sun was out, and the sky was blue. And everybody was in a great mood.
The boys and I spent some time on the playground this afternoon and it was a delight to not watch CT whimper in the wind.
I've posted a few photos here and the complete album here on Flickr.
2 comments:
These are two of the most beautiful grandchildren anyone could have. Everyone looks just great and energetic and enjoying a beautiful sunny day.
Goodness your children are beautiful. I love the snippets of Bev's life blog, makes me glad to keep tabs on ya, so happy for you! :)
Post a Comment