7.09.2009

Ciao!



Goin to Carolina, it won’t be long and I’ll be there.
You’re my blue sky, you’re my sunny day.
Lord, you know it makes me high
When you turn your love my way.
--"Blue Sky", The Allman Brothers

We have vacated. Sunglasses, swimsuits, and an SUV full of crap, but we are out of NYC and beach-bound for the next week. Tonight we are in South Jersey with our friends the Saavedras. We've eaten South Jersey Italian subs (bliss), had a swim (well, Joanna and I ran our mouths while everyone else swam, but that's exercise for us), put the kids to bed, and collapsed in front of the Science Channel. Vacation.

Tomorrow we journey south with the North Carolina border as a loose destination. Saturday we arrive in Ocean Isle, NC for a week of cousins, sea shore, chlorine, food, drink, books, naps, and rest. This is Jes' first real trip to the southeast so we hope to have a few special adventures along the way to give her a true sense of southern hospitality.

During our sojourn I plan to try a project I'm calling "5 Word/5 Images". In an effort to compress our experience into chewable chunks, each day I'll post five words and five pics that attempt to capture the flavor of what we're up to.

I hope you'll join us.

No comments: