2.07.2011

because it's monday

from the human calendar
six things that got me through the last 14 hours…

**walking out the door with no gloves and an unzipped coat (and choosing to ignore all the chatter about tomorrow’s forecast)

**approaching the corner of 2nd Avenue and 9th Street, I watched a very attractive man in his late 20’s step out of a limo, the door being held by his uniformed driver.  He wore a beautiful suede coat and expensive dress shoes.  He stopped on the sidewalk, glanced up at the blue sky contemplatively, and walked into Veselka, a popular Ukranian restaurant.

“What a prick!”, I thought.  “He has a lot of nerve flaunting his affluence in this economy (especially in this neighborhood).”

Then I looked up, across 2nd Avenue, and saw the television production crew filling the entire block from 9th Street to 8th Street, cameras pointing at Veselka.

**the guy who stopped me in the lobby of Silver Building to hand back the $10 bill that had fallen out of my coat pocket.

**an email from my dear friend, SB, reminding me how fantastic it is to be a work-in-progress.

**in spite of it already being the the 3rd week (of only 12!) of the semester, I finally feel on top of everything I have happening.

**the fact that I was able to write this list before I even got to lunch.

No comments: